CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION (CAC)
Facts And Information About Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) was established by the Companies and Allied Matters Act (1990) as an autonomous body to regulate the formation and management of companies in Nigeria. The Commission dispenses a wide range of services before, during and after incorporation and registration of business enterprises. It administers the Companies and Allied Matters Act promulgated in 1990 and commonly called the “Companies Act”. It is headed by a Registrar General/ Chief Executive Officer.
Among the functions and services offered by the Corporate Affairs Commission Headquarters are:
• Registration of business name and incorporation of companies;
• Registration of Incorporated Trustees;
• Same Day Incorporation Services, whereby, under certain conditions, companies can be registered within one day;
• Issuance of True Certified Copies of filed company documents;
• Registration of share capital increases, mortgages, etc.;
• Processing the statutory filings of Annual Returns, increase, changes in the memo and articles, addresses, etc.
• Management and winding- up of companies.
The Corporate Affairs Commission has branch offices in all the 36 states of the Federation. It enjoys accreditation for ISO 9001 for its services. www.cac.gov.ng